roleplaying movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No gods, no bitches, and no Admins (unless I choose so)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wastelands

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zoroman5
Admin
Admin
zoroman5

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Wastelands   Wastelands EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Welcome to Hell, year 2022...there's raiders on one end, mutated freaks on the other. Think you'll survive? Not looking like that you won't! Here, let's get you some weaponry, assuming of course you've got some bottle caps for payment...

Here's the gist of what this RP is: Post apocalyptic setting where nuclear bombs have annihilated most of humanity, what's left have succumbed to the vices of human life: Greed, tyranny, anger. There are a few civilised areas here and there, but certainly not to the same extent as other places. It takes place in the GTA, though most of the buildings are quite dilapidated in the more urban areas.

Bottle caps have become a currency for the surviving people, considering it's abundance and since it's one of the few things that are both abundant, and haven't been destroyed by the nukes. Trades can still be conducted by trading some types of junk, like empty bottles or scrap metal, though lookout for people looking specifically for those objects, you might get more out of your work.

Vaults and shelters are common place in the GTA. Vaults are essentially cities underground where the citizens have no need to leave, and have recieved no radiation at any point in their lives. Shelters are just that, shelters to avoid the initial bombs and a small amount of the radiation.

Now because the place has been nuked 10 years ago, radiation has become a problem. It exists in almost all foods and drinks, though the radiation hasn't clung to weaponry or clothing. The radiation isn't fast acting, however it is common to see mutated people. It is highly unlikely to find a proper human outside of some civilised areas like Rivet City. I'll post both a series of locations that are civilised, as well as a list of mutation possibilities if you're unsure. The mutations will be in the character profile thead.

Locations
Mech City - a city inside of a large military boat that's posted just on the shores of Lake Ontario, considered safest place to be, short of a vault.
Vault 607 - The most well-known Vault in the area. Within it are several families of people who have neither seen the sun, or experienced radiation before. They live decent lives, but are quite unaware of some of the places outside of the vault.
The Metro - Essentially the subway stations and railways around the GTA. Most of the mutated people live there, trying to seclude themselves from others. It is considered a safe haven for any who are mutated, as well as a way to travel around the GTA fairly quickly. The trains don't work, but the tunnels are clear enough for you to walk.
Powell Tower - A group of non-mutated humans established the CIBC building in downtown Toronto. Run by Colin Powell, the citizens consider themselves more sophisticated than any other human. The inside of the building has been cleaned to the point of appearing as though no damage had occured to it, and Washington runs the place like a business. Be forewarned, Washington and the citizens of the Tower have a total distaste for physically mutated people.

Standard RP rules...and have some fun..

Back to top Go down
https://roleplayingmovement.canadian-forum.com
zoroman5
Admin
Admin
zoroman5

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Kroft Robertson   Wastelands EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:26 pm

As Kroft was exploring the ruins of down town Toronto, Kroft noticed something out of the ordinary, other than everything around him was blown up, (most likely by the nukes) he saw a sewer hatch was partially open, and being the curious person Kroft is, he walked over to investigate. When Kroft got to the sewer hatch, he opened it, and jumped in. "Aww fuck, I just found these shoes, but now they smell like shit, curse my damn curious nature!" Kroft said, landing into the sewers, filled with natural waste (or as you know it, urine and excrements from before the war, which if breathed too long, can start to sicken the person/animal breathing it). Kroft heard a sound coming from the sewer tunnels south of him, when he heard it, he realised, mutants are this way, but instead of being in fear, he heard laughter and cheering, which to Kroft, never existed before the war. Kroft started running to the source of the sound, louder and louder the sound got, then, he saw a light where the sound was coming from, immediately, running to the source of the light, brighter and brighter it got, yet it felt like he was getting farther and farther away, until, he saw what the source of the sound was, it was a circus performance, but underground? Kroft was confused more than he ever was.
Back to top Go down
rolen greenleaf
rolen greenleaf

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: fisk   Wastelands EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Fisk had been in the sewer for 2 weeks now, making sure he had lost the raiders that had chased him down here he found a large cavern where a circus of mutants were setting up so he decided to find the person in charge and see if he could help it turns out that they needed another performer and they even had a snake that hadn't mutated, with the experience of his past he agreed to be in the show
Back to top Go down
The Family God
Admin
Admin
The Family God

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Damien   Wastelands EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 am

Damien sat atop the 'circus' as yet another performer, being labeled as the "Spinning Freak" by the idiots who hired him, for his acrobatic ability of course. In his crouching position, he yanked away at a metal collar around his neck, one he knew would shock him should he decide to leave this place. The ringleader had the key as well as the button to activate it. To be honest, if it weren't for the fact that he was getting paid decently for this job, he would've physically "complained" to the ringleader a long time ago.

He stood upright, arms at the ready for aerial stunts, it was time for the show to begin...
Back to top Go down
rolen greenleaf
rolen greenleaf

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Fisk   Wastelands EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Fisk watch as the one they called the spinning freak begun his act he had noticed the shock collar around his neck and asked the ring leader about it who immediatly said that the mutant had lost his mind and would go on a ramage if let off the collar
Back to top Go down
The Family God
Admin
Admin
The Family God

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Damien   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 am

Damien felt a minor shock on his collar as the ringleader began to introduce him, telling hi that the time was now to perform. He leaped in a swan dive fashion, and right before he hit the trapeze, he twisted to land on his feet. As he leaped into the air again, he performed even more flips, tricks, and other forms of aerial tricks, most of them he remembered from his freerunning days.

Damien's act continued, as the ringleader laughed as people threw their caps at the act in joy, the fat one gathering several of the caps as Damien did all the work. Damien sighed as he pulled a triple full, wanted nothing more than to tackle the man...
Back to top Go down
rolen greenleaf
rolen greenleaf

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Fisk   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Fisk wasn't happy about this, the ringleader filed down his fangs so he couldn't bite anyone unless he used his human teeth, and that wouldn't do much good, so he just watched the spinning freak's act thinking if the ringleader had his fangs filed down, maybe the spinning freak was being held here and is not insane.

(I couldn't stand the damn grammar errors, so I corrected it! by zoroman5)
Back to top Go down
Herp Derp
big bloger
big bloger
Herp Derp

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Nino   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Nino waited behind the curtains, his shoulders aching from not being able to stretch his wings. The cold metal collar around his neck didn't help his discomfort.
Back to top Go down
http://not-candy.forumotion.com
zoroman5
Admin
Admin
zoroman5

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Kroft   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 pm

As Kroft entered the underground circus, he noticed the spinning freak's performance, but before he could get to it, he was stripped of his MP5 and charged 5 caps by security. luckily Kroft sold some junk before he came here, so he had some extra caps to pay the fee.

As Kroft approached the area where the spinning freak was preforming, he noticed the people were in the way, and he had some trouble getting through the crowd to see properly, but only saw him finishing his performance, but also noticing his shock collar, and immediately knew he was being kept here against his will. Kroft asked the ringleader "can I speak to the spinning freak?". The ringleader replied "you can, for a price. 10 caps, or get away from me", Kroft agreed to these terms, and handed over the 10 caps. he went over to the 'spinning freak' and said "nice performance, how did you learn to do that?".
Back to top Go down
The Family God
Admin
Admin
The Family God

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Damien   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Damien performed one last series of tricks, landing on the tips of his toes on the tightrope he had leapt from earlier, listening as the crowd cheered. Another minor shock told him that the next act was about to begin, and another one telling him to approach someone with some questions. He leapt back down to the trapeze, but didn't bounce back up, instead walking calmly back to the ground to meet the newcomer.

He first noticed the man's spinal growths, then the man's expession. He listened intently to the question, then shrugged. "I'll take a random guess and say you have no idea what 'freerunning' used to be before the nukes went off..." he scratched his neck around the collar area, "As a teenager, I would get together with my friends, and we'd perform freerunning, or street acrobatics, and see who could show off more. In the end I wasn't the best out of them, but getting from point 'a' to point 'b' seemed simple enough...so I guess most of the tricks you saw today were remnants of what I knew as a teen..." he kidna rambled.
Back to top Go down
zoroman5
Admin
Admin
zoroman5

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Kroft   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:45 pm

"That would explain most of my curiosity, but how did you end up here? I mean, that is, if you want to leave is my offer, all I need is a forewarning to kill the ringmaster, but I'm letting you know now, I qualified for insanity under any charge that came my way before the war, making me mentally unstable, that is, only temporary insanity, when I'm killing something or someone." said Kroft, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
The Family God
Admin
Admin
The Family God

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Damien   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Damien noted that the ringleader was within earshot, so he gave himself a fake smile. "What are you talking about? I love it here! I only joined this place because I love performing!" Soon enough the ringleader was out of earshot, and Damien's face turned serious. "Alright, in all seriousness, I hate it here...we're treated like animals, performing for caps we can't fucking spend, and fed probably one meal a day. The guy shocks me if I attack him, if I don't obey, or if I leave the premesis..." he looked back and forth, before leaning in to whisper to the newcomer. "If you're breave enough to fight a man underneath armed guards, then kill the ringleader and bring me his keys...I'll get myself and everyone else here unlocked...but wait until nightfall, there's no crowd then..." he turned to the ringleader who was introducing the next performance, and he got a little zap at the collar. "Sorry, but I believe it's the next freak's turn to perform...and judging by how much of an applause I got, it'll either be the snake guy, or the raven..." he nodded to the man, "Good day, sir..." and ran off to his holding area, where a bottle of dirty, radiated water awaited him...
Back to top Go down
zoroman5
Admin
Admin
zoroman5

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Kroft   Wastelands EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Kroft watched as the spinning freak went to his holding cell, and Kroft was sickened by how the mutants were being treated here. Kroft almost went on a killing streak of blood lust, but condoned his blood lust for the day the bastard got his just desserts. Kroft went up to the spinning freak's holding cell, which smelled like shit, and gave Damien some purified water and some steak, saying "enjoy".

(I'm gonna make a 4 day transition here, to get the "planning" done for the 'jailbreak')

Four days past, and Kroft was learning more about the ringleader's habits in the circus, and there was only one moment that Kroft had a chance to kill him, but the only thing about this time was that his kid was around, or at least, a kid. Kroft didn't want to give the kid horror over his "father's" death. But Kroft decided to do it any ways, even if it meant a kid scared to shit from the death of a scoundrel. Kroft was ready to hit him where it hurt, still with no gun, but his spines had grown enough to pierce a scull and do some decent damage. It was time, and Kroft was in position...
Back to top Go down
Herp Derp
big bloger
big bloger
Herp Derp

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Nino   Wastelands EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 am

Nino sat in the middle of a large birdcage. He knew it was only a matter of time before someone tried to escape and make it. He only wished that he would be freed in the process.

The guard to his right yanked on the chain connected to his collar and said "git in position 'Angel'" Nino groaned in frustration as he slowly got on his side and feigned sleep.

(Not actually going anywhere with this, just saying what he's doing before the escape)
Back to top Go down
rolen greenleaf
rolen greenleaf

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Fisk   Wastelands EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 am

One night Fisk overheard damien (spinning freak) and a newcomer talking about escape so he chose to go talk to them about it so he walked towards them quickly within a matter of seconds he had closed the gap and asked "Are you guys planning on busting out? because if you are i want in."
Back to top Go down
The Family God
Admin
Admin
The Family God

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Damien   Wastelands EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:34 am

Damien sat in his 'cell', his act not yet about to start. He yanked on the chain to his collar, but to no avail...the metal was fastened better than usual. He heard the snake-like one speak to him, and he shrugged. "No idea...if that spiked guy comes back anytime soon, then maybe...aside from that, there's little to no chance of me getting out of here..." he almost muttered. He looked up at the snake like one, "Consider yourself lucky that you don't have a collar like this...if I show any aggression, zap! I'm in pain or unconcious..."
Back to top Go down
Herp Derp
big bloger
big bloger
Herp Derp

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Nino   Wastelands EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Nino's cage was rolled to the center of the stage(?). He heard the announcer say "Ladies and gentlemen! Behold the fallen angel with the voice of a siren!"

Nino got up slowly and began to sing:

The dreamer and the wine
Poet without a rhyme
A widow writer torn apart by chains of Hell

One last perfect verse
It's still the same old song
Oh Christ, how I hate what I have become

Take me home

Get away, run away, fly away
Lead me astray to dreamer's hideaway
I cannot cry 'cause the shoulder cries more
I cannot die, I, a whore for this cold world
Forgive me,
I have but two faces
One for the world,
One for God,
save me
I cannot cry 'cause the shoulder cries more
I cannot die, I, a whore for this cold world
Back to top Go down
zoroman5
Admin
Admin
zoroman5

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Kroft   Wastelands EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 pm

As Kroft was getting into position to kill the ringleader when he heard the "fallen angel" sing, he thought that the angel might be a useful person, but only if he agree's to join him (any ways, getting off track), As Kroft got back into position, he thought, this is for the freedom of those "freaks" as the ringleader described them, though they weren't. Kroft charged, letting out a battle cry, yelling "fuck you ringleader, you're dead" and as Kroft drew closer, the bouncers or "security" chased him, but they were too late, Kroft was already at the ringleader. Kroft looked into the ringleader's eye's, and said "you feel lucky? cause you're not!" then stabbing the ringleader through the left eye, through the brain, and out the back of his skull, letting the grey matter, and the white matter, spring out of his skull, then, Kroft pulled out of the skull, and the grey and white matter fall out of his eye socket. Kroft quickly searched the ringleader's jacket, and took out a button and a code, saying 'the spinning freak shock collar code' on it. and then pulling a key out of his jacket. when he was done, he ran over to the 'spinning freaks' holding cell, and giving him the code.
Back to top Go down
Herp Derp
big bloger
big bloger
Herp Derp

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Nino   Wastelands EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

In the commotion of the staff Nino yanked on his chain, causing the guard that was holding him to get bashed into the cage. He rummaged through the straw on the bottom of his cage and got a metal rod.

He stuck the rod between two bars of his cage and attempted to bend them.
Back to top Go down
The Family God
Admin
Admin
The Family God

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Damien   Wastelands EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Damien watched Kroft enter from his cage, and took the keycode and the buzzer from the man. Noting that the cage was now unlocked, he tried to unlock his collar, but to no avail...

He sighed, he'd have to try again later. In the meantime, he put the code into his raggedy pockets, and ran over to Fisk's cage to unlock him as well. "As much as I want to get the hell out of here, I think we could use an extra set of hands anyhow..." he shrugged, dropping the padlock.

As he rushed out of the caging area, he checked the buzzer that was handed to him. He sighed, better to take it with him than leave it here for a curious child to mess around with. He checked the inscriptions, it read, "Nip; Buzz; Steady Buzz; Painful; Excruciating; Lethal; 5000 Watts." He sighed, perhaps he could hand it over to the person who saved him as a symbol of...dare he think of it, servitude... In the rush of people fleeing the scene, he ran out to join the crowd, waiting a moment to see if he saw the spiked one or any other 'circus freak' on the way out...

Last edited by Wraith on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Herp Derp
big bloger
big bloger
Herp Derp

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Nino   Wastelands EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 am

Nino finally bent the bars enough for him to get through. He followed the crowd and went to the exit.
Back to top Go down
rolen greenleaf
rolen greenleaf

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Fisk   Wastelands EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:28 am

Fisk ran out of his cage after Damien who had just opened his cage, he stuck close to him so he wouldn't lose him, but at the same time looking for the others but also hoped that his fangs would grow back.

Last edited by rolen greenleaf on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zoroman5
Admin
Admin
zoroman5

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Kroft   Wastelands EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Kroft ran over to the ex-ringleader's trailer, unlocked by the key Kroft found on the dead ringleader, and opened the door, finding his MP5 on the table,a HK USP, and a Glock 40 on the table, with enough ammo to make it out of the 'circus' of hell. Kroft ran out the door, looking for the 'spinning freak' and 'snakeboy'. Kroft found them both, throwing them the two weapons that he found other than his, to them, saying "Go ahead and take your pick, but NOONE gets my MP5 EVER, this baby got me out of a sticky spot on more than one occasion, and I'm gonna die with it!". Kroft then pointed to the heavily guarded exit of the underground compound, "let's get a move on ladies!' said Kroft.
Back to top Go down
The Family God
Admin
Admin
The Family God

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Damien   Wastelands EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Damien encouraged freak after freak out of the exit, and soon the sewer was filled with mutants trying to escape the hell they had lived in for god knows how long. He caught the snakeboy by the scruff of his ragged shirt, pulling him out of the crowd, same with the angel. He didn't say much, instead just gave a sort of curt nod.

Soon enough the spiked one came back, throwing him the Glock 40. A grin flashed across the Spinning Freak's face, "I haven't seen this thing since they caught me over a year ago..." he muttered. He lacked a backpack of any sort, or any way to hold more ammo, so he simply held onto the gun and his clothing, ready to run before the armed guards came back...
Back to top Go down
Herp Derp
big bloger
big bloger
Herp Derp

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Nino   Wastelands EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 am

Nino was very confused when the spinning one grabbed him. Seeing the spiked one toss the other two weapons he realized that he forgot to retrieve his knives. He went over to the ringleader's body and searched him.

He found seven of his knives and cursed "Where the fuck are the other five..." He looked over the ringleader's bodyguard and saw them on a ring on his side. He grabbed them and whispered "fucker"

He returned to the others, assuming they wanted his help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wastelands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wastelands   Wastelands Empty

Back to top Go down

Wastelands
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next